Help us spread the word about What’s Next ATL! Use these resources to tell your audiences about this exciting new community resource.
ARC Launches Innovative ‘What’s Next ATL’ Website to Spotlight Regional News and Insights and Spark Community Engagement on Key Regional Issues
Digital Platform Includes Engaging Blog Posts, Curated Links to Local and National News Articles, and the Latest News Releases from Local Governments and Nonprofits
(ATLANTA – August 1, 2018) The Atlanta Regional Commission today announced the launch of What’s Next ATL, a dynamic, digital platform that explores how metro Atlanta is growing and changing and provides opportunities for community engagement on key regional issues.
The website, WhatsNextATL.org, includes:
- Engaging blog posts that provide a closer look at the issues shaping our region’s future.
- Carefully curated links to local and national news articles that help explain where we are going as a region.
- Relevant news releases from local government and non-profit organizations.
- Data-based stories that help illuminate our region.
- A focus on the Top 10 Challenges facing metro Atlanta
The content is written in a lively, conversational manner designed to have broad appeal, without the acronyms and jargon that often bog down conversations about regional issues. All of the platform’s content is organized around three highly relatable topic areas: Commuting in Metro Atlanta, Living in Metro Atlanta, and Working in Metro Atlanta.
“WhatsNextATL.com offers a fresh, exciting way of talking about metro Atlanta and the challenges that we must address if we are to remain a thriving, competitive region,” said Doug Hooker, ARC Executive Director. “We hope this site becomes a go-to regional resource for the community and encourages people to become more engaged in helping shape our region’s future.”
Readers can subscribe to a monthly e-newsletter, and a What’s Next ATL podcast will launch later this year to provide a new way for the public to engage in key regional issues, from transportation to community development.
Original content posted at the time of launch includes:
- How $400 Million Will Improve Your Commute. This piece provides a look at the latest round of transportation projects heading to communities across metro Atlanta, from road improvements to new bike-ped paths.
- A New Vision for the Chattahoochee? This article explores the future the Chattahoochee River in metro Atlanta and how local governments and non-profits are teaming up on an ambitious $1.5 million study to improve access and reimagine the river as a major focal point for the region.
- Decatur Narrows a Road to Improve Bike-Ped Options. This post includes a virtual video ride on the city’s new bike lanes.
The What’s Next ATL platform is also designed to be interactive. Readers will have the opportunity to submit articles they’ve read in local or national publications for consideration to be shared on the site’s home page.
And a “Get Involved” section makes it easy for readers to get involved in local issues by attending or hosting an ARC Civic Dinner to take part in focused, meaningful conversations about key regional topics.
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the official planning agency for the 10-county Atlanta Region, including Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties as well as the City of Atlanta and 73 other cities. The Atlanta Regional Commission serves as a catalyst for regional progress by focusing leadership, attention and planning resources on key regional issues.
Social Media Copy
Transportation. Affordable housing. Jobs. Just a few of the hot topics @whatsnextatl. Understanding our region. Exploring our future. #Whatsnextatl
Want a better understanding of the Atlanta region? Bookmark @whatsnextatl. It’s stories exploring the future of transportation, housing, jobs, and more.
For a larger perspective on local issues, check out @whatsnextatl, powered by ARC. Each day, we bring you stories exploring the future of transportation, housing, jobs, and more.
Understanding our region. Exploring our future. Check out the latest on future of transportation, housing, jobs, and more… It’s @whatsnextatl, powered by ARC.
Want a better understanding of the #Atlanta region? Bookmark @whatsnextatl. It’s stories exploring the future of #transportation, housing, jobs, and more.
Tiny homes. Tech giants. Autonomous vehicles. Blog posts, stories, and #news on all this and more @whatsnextatl.
The #top10challenges facing our region and the solutions we’re searching for. Check it out @whatsnextatl.
Commuting, living, and/or working in metro #Atlanta? Learn the latest about how folks are tackling key challenges to prepare our region for a better future @whatsnextatl.